ATTENTION GINGERS AROUND THE GLOBE!
After some time engaged with other projects, I am back at collecting gingers!
I have collected 500 gingers so far (since 2010), the majority of which are from South Africa and a few from other parts of the world when I photographed at Redhead Days in Breda in 2012.
You have been asking, “How can I become a part of the collection?” I have FINALLY come up with a solution to collect gingers from all over the world! This next phase of the project will culminate in another exhibition of (hopefully!) thousands of gingers.
Follow the 3 simple steps below to be collected:
- YOUR PHOTO
- Take a passport / identity photo at your nearest photo booth / drugstore / photo store. They usually come in sets of 4 or 6.
- Make sure the background is white and wear a white top. No smile!
- Take a single strand of your ginger hair, stick it to a piece of paper with your full name, email address & return postal address.
- Place your photos, hair & contact details in an envelop and post/mail to (Yes, old-school post is fun!):
I collect gingers, PostNet Suite 153, Private Bag X2600, Houghton, 2041, South Africa
- Let us know via email that you have posted the envelope: firstname.lastname@example.org
- YOUR INFORMATION
- Fill in this google form to let us know more about you and your experience of being ginger: http://tiny.cc/gingerform
- You can only submit this step once who have posted your photo! (step 1)
- YOUR VOICE RECORDING (optional)
- Record a voice note, telling us about what it is like being a ginger – from childhood to now, the things you love and hate, your good and bad experiences, your compliments and insults, or any other memories or experiences you might have.
- It can be as long or as short as you wish.
- Make sure to record yourself in a quiet space and that you can be heard clearly. Include your full name with the sent voice note.
- Send this via email to email@example.com or via whatsapp to +2763 603 5808 (South Africa)
THAT’S IT! YOU’RE DONE! YOU ARE NOW A PART OF THE BIGGEST GINGER ARCHIVE THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN!
You will receive a certified copy of your own ginger identity card via post, signed by me – so make sure to include your return postal address!